Relieve Your Jaw Pain with Dr. Chaudhry
The temporomandibular joint (TMJ) connects both sides of your skull to your lower jaw. When you have issues with this joint, it’s known as temporomandibular joint disorder (TMD).
This causes pain and stiffness in your jaw, among other issues. If you suspect you may have TMJ disorder, schedule an evaluation with Dr. Chaudhry so he can help you find relief for your symptoms.
Causes of TMD
The most common contributing factors to TMD are:
- Clenching or grinding your teeth, also known as bruxism
- Dislocated disc between the ball and socket of your joint
- Osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis in your joint
- Missing teeth
Symptoms of TMD
TMD can manifest in a range of symptoms that are debilitating to your overall wellbeing. The primary symptoms include:
- Recurring pain or stiffness in your jaw
- Facial swelling and pain
- Clicking or popping sounds when you move your jaw
- Difficulty moving your jaw, or lockjaw
- Change in bite alignment
- Neck pain
- Earaches or tinnitus
Dr. Chaudhry is committed to helping you find relief for your TMD symptoms. Depending on the underlying cause of your condition, as well as the severity of your case, we feature a few different options for treatment:
- Stabilizing Mouthguards — Designed for patients with bruxism, these are small plastic appliances that you wear overnight to keep a space between your upper and lower arches. These mouthguards are customized to your specific needs, ensuring a comfortable fit. They can be used to relieve jaw pressure and readjust your bite alignment.
- Dental Implants — When you lose a tooth, that area of your jawbone begins to deteriorate and your surrounding teeth shift as a result, altering your bite. If you have one or more missing teeth, replacing them with dental implants will alleviate your TMD symptoms and provide you with a healthy, beautiful smile.
- Surgical Intervention — Surgery is always our last resort for TMJ treatment, though it may be necessary in extreme cases, such as when your jawbone is completely out of alignment. If you end up needing surgery, you can rest assured that Dr. Chaudhry is a highly experienced oral surgeon who will ensure your comfort and safety throughout the procedure.
Visit Dr. Chaudhry for TMJ Treatment
If you’re experiencing any of the symptoms listed above on a regular basis, you may be suffering from TMD. During your visit, Dr. Chaudhry will thoroughly examine your jaw and work with you to find the ideal treatment solution.
Contact our practice in Lehigh Valley today and schedule your no-obligation consultation with Dr. Chaudhry. We have two office locations, in Bethlehem and Stroudsburg, for your convenience.
Get Out Of Pain NOW!