Zygomatic Dental Implants
Restore Your Smile in One Appointment
One of the most common obstacles that prevents you from getting dental implants is jawbone deterioration. If you’ve lived without teeth for a while, or if you’ve worn removable dentures, then it’s likely you suffer from this condition.
With traditional implants, Dr. Chaudhry would need to perform a bone graft to prepare you for surgery, adding to the time and cost of your procedure. However, zygomatic implants don’t require a bone graft and can be placed in just one appointment.
What Are Zygomatic Implants?
Zygomatic implants are similar to traditional implants, but lengthier. This extra length extends to the zygomatic bone in your upper jaw, securing your new teeth without the need for a bone graft. Best of all, unlike traditional implants, you’ll leave your first appointment with a fully functional smile.
Though the restorations we attach at this point will only be temporary, the zygomatic implant process provides you with permanent replacement teeth up to three times faster than the traditional process.
Benefits of Zygomatic Implants
Zygomatic implants offer a number of unique benefits, including:
- No Bone Graft — As a result of their unique design, zygomatic implants never require a bone graft, so patients who suffer from jawbone deterioration can immediately qualify.
- Immediate Function — You’ll leave your first appointment with a natural-looking, fully-functional set of temporary teeth.
- Faster Treatment — The overall treatment time for zygomatic implants leading up to your final restoration is about three months, as opposed to nine months for traditional implants.
- Flexibility — With a range of different implant lengths and abutments available, zygomatic implants allow for greater flexibility when choosing your prosthetic tooth.
- High Success Rate — A long-term study published in 2014 found that zygomatic implants have a survival rate of 95.12% after ten years.
Visit Lehigh Valley Oral Surgery & Implant Center
If you want to learn more about zygomatic implants and how they can benefit you, contact one of our two offices in Lehigh Valley and schedule a consultation with Dr. Chaudhry — we’ll be happy to answer all your questions and provide the quality dental care you deserve.
Free CBCT Scan & Dental Implant Consultation